Medicaid – Washington State Department of Health and Social Services
- DSHS is Washington State's subsidized assistance for individuals who meet income, resource and medical necessity requirements.
- EIP may require individuals to apply with DSHS; forms can be downloaded or an online application can be completed.
- DSHS website or 1-800-562-3022 (toll free).
Medicaid – Coordination of Benefits (COB)
- COB pays insurance premiums for clients on Medicaid (CNP/MNP). Evergreen clients may become eligible for this program if they go on Medicaid.
- 1-800-562-6136 (toll-free).
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Medicare.gov has a number of online tools that will be helpful in seeking out information and determining the plan that is right for you.
- 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) (toll-free).
- CMS website which provides general information for people who have Medicare and HIV/AIDS.
- A fact sheet to help you understand and compare the key benefits and costs of Part D plans.
- A rating system to help you evaluate the quality of Part D plans.
- A training to help you understand how to use the online Drug Plan Finder. The training requires the free Adobe Flash Player.
Medicare Savings Program
- DSHS overview of the Medicare Savings Program.
- Another DSHS overview with more financial and application details.
- The Social Security Administration can help you with questions about Extra Help, the low-income subsidy for Medicare Part D which greatly reduces your costs.
- 1-800-772-1213 (toll-free).
Social Security Administration
- SSA.gov for information about disability, social security income, and Extra Help.
Other Medicare Part D resources:
- The OIC has a library of publications on Medicare – there are a lot a great resources here.
- Also, the OIC offers tips on how to use the online Medicare Plan Finder with suggestions for each step of the process.
- The Treatment Access Project has released an easy-to-read HIV/AIDS Medicare Enrollment Tool Kit (PDF). (Although published in 2005, the publication still contains useful information.)